West Coast Recovery Centers values family as an integral piece of the recovery process. Since the family often serves as the patient’s primary support system, involvement of family members is an essential part of the treatment process. Family counseling helps families understand the impact of the substance disorder on the family unit and to heal from the aftermath of that impact. Family counseling also helps to prepare the family for supporting the recovering addict at home, without enabling self-destructive behavior.
Benefits of Family Counseling
The family members of a recovering addict benefit from their own counseling in a number of ways:
- Helps to repair damage done through the addiction behavior
- Builds a strong family framework that becomes a strong support for the recovering addict
- Helps to build morale and a desire to change in the recovering addict
- Prevents development of substance abuse in other family members
- Teaches the entire family unit coping skills for dealing with stressful situations
- Educates family members on what to expect during the recovery process
West Coast Recovery Centers understands the significant impact substance abuse and addiction can have on the entire family. We work with the family unit to help individual members understand the disease of addiction and provide the proper support for their loved on in recovery. To learn more about our family programs, contact West Coast Recovery Centers at 855-927-2687.